Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: 604-16x ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Kercher's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2006
    Posts
    41
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    604-16x ?

    I have a chance to pick up a pair of 604-16x speakers for $500 (no crossovers). I already have a pair of 604-C's and don't really need another big pair of speakers, but they do look nice. There isn't much info on these in the archives. Can anyone here comment on how the 16x compares to the C? A lot of audiophools seem to poo poo on Ferrite magnets, but I suspect it;s a bunch of bunk. Flux is flux to me. Also, does the price seem reasonable, in case I decide to re-sell them? Thanks,
    Dan

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 604-16x ?

    I wondered that myself...... I don't think I've heard of the X version before. Are you talking about the ones on Ebay?
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Kercher's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2006
    Posts
    41
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 604-16x ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Audio_by_Goodwill View Post
    I wondered that myself...... I don't think I've heard of the X version before. Are you talking about the ones on Ebay?

    No, but I did see those when checking up on things. Wonder what they'll close at? I dig that blue horn.
    Dan

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Kercher's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2006
    Posts
    41
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 604-16x ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Audio_by_Goodwill View Post
    I wondered that myself...... I don't think I've heard of the X version before. Are you talking about the ones on Ebay?
    Wow, I just saw those closed at $150.00 per speaker. I didn't realize these went for such low prices. I'm surprised since Jeff Markwart's page indicates they sound better than 604E's.

    ALTEC LANSING 604-16X STUDIO MONITOR LOUDSPEAKER - eBay (item 380201536841 end time Jan-31-10 12:26:39 PST)

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 604-16x ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kercher View Post
    Wow, I just saw those closed at $150.00 per speaker. I didn't realize these went for such low prices.
    They probably don't go for that........ I'm betting this was a fluke, or something. One thing, I noticed is that they did have a $99 opening bid, but closed at $150..... with only one bid.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.